We are hiring...
Communications & Fundraising Assistant (full-time, Nairobi based)
Kenya Wildlife Trust’s vision is a Kenya where predator populations are a cornerstone of thriving ecosystems. Our mission is to provide funds to data-driven and community-supported predator conservation efforts, to enable the long-term viability of predator populations in Kenya. Our model is simple - we raise funds, award grants, monitor and evaluate those grants, and communicate their impact to our donors and other stakeholders.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the full-time Communications & Fundraising Assistant will be based in Nairobi. S/he will be responsible for managing the donor database, website and various social media accounts, and will support the CEO with donor research, report preparation and the coordination of communications. S/he will also be required to support the wider team from time to time, with various administrative, financial and HR-related duties.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain and update website
- Maintain and update Mailchimp account
- Maintain and update social media accounts
- Draft, edit and publish regular, consistent website and social media content
- Compile regular statistics on website and social media performance
- Monitor and report on website and social media activity
- Liaise with internal and external colleagues to source fresh content
- Coordinate the production of materials
- Manage donor database
- Help to develop fundraising communications
- Undertake donor research
- Generate and maintain prospect lists
- Compile periodic fundraising reports
- Serve as a key part of the team, attending meetings and inputting to organisational development as required
- Support colleagues with various administrative, financial and HR duties
- Perform such other tasks as may be required from time to time by the team and/or Trustees
- Undergraduate degree in communications-related studies
- At least two years of experience working in communications, ideally in a non-profit environment
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong grasp of language, syntax, grammar and spelling, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to write compellingly for a range of audiences
- Technologically savvy, with an ability to manage a database and website
- Good people skills, with experience of collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage a full and diverse workload
- Flexible and a self-starter, able to multi-task
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to our mission
- Experience of working in the conservation sector
- Experience of working in fundraising
- Experience of project management
How to Apply
- All applicants must have authority to work in Kenya.
- Applications received after Monday 24 July at 5.00pm and/or without both a CV and cover letter will not be considered.